Teaching third graders about bees

Bee related information that doesnt fit any where else

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

WannaBee1
Forager

Teaching third graders about bees

Post by WannaBee1 »

I've been asked to teach a class of third graders about bees for their insect research unit. Would it be possible for me to borrow the bee posters? The talk will be on February 16. I plan to attend our monthly meeting on February 13 and could get them then if they are available. If they are needed for the Beginner's Beekeeping class on Thursday night, maybe I could make other arrangements but just wanted to ask. I also wanted to know if we are still keeping track of volunteer hours for the GCBA and, if so, where to find the form to log this talk. Thanks!
Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: Teaching third graders about bees

Post by Jacobs »

The GCBA does not have a set of bee prints. I do have a set that I got laminated after being given them. I will be happy to bring them to the meeting and loan them to you. I don't think we are keeping track of volunteer hours now since we are not eligible to go for GAP chapter of the year for awhile longer, but Donna Wallace may have more information about that. I'm going to put the prints behind the seat of my truck now so that I don't forget them. Look forward to having a fun time!
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

I have this setup if you want to use it. It is more burdensome than the prints, but may be something in addition to them if you want to go to the trouble of taking it.

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/Teaching-Hive
WannaBee1
Forager

Post by WannaBee1 »

Rob, I would like to use your posters as well as the teaching hive if it isn't too much trouble to bring it to the meeting, Wally. Thanks for the loaners and your help, guys! It's part of what makes the GCBA such a great organization. :)