Wide Mouth Canning Jars

Maybe you are looking for something specific or maybe you just have some beekeeping supplies you no longer need. Post it here and see what happens.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Jacobs
Guard bee

Wide Mouth Canning Jars

Post by Jacobs »

Earlier this summer, I picked up around 100 cases of canning jars from a home near mine. They have 35-50 year old canned food in them. They clean up well and are high quality vintage jars. They don't smell as bad as you think they might. Most have a kind of fermented smell to them.

I have pressure canned vegetables using some of them. I have pints, pint and a half, and quart jars. If any GCBA members want free jars, call me at 336-740-1703, to arrange a time to pick them up. I have more than 10 cases of each type. Feel free to take as many cases as you like.

The family of the lady who did the canning had to put her in assisted living recently and were contemplating throwing the jars in the garbage. I just couldn't let that happen.
quentin
Forager

Re: Wide Mouth Canning Jars

Post by quentin »

Wow, what a story!
Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: Wide Mouth Canning Jars--All Distributed

Post by Jacobs »

All of the jars have been given out--I guess the canning supply shortage and covid limitations made some folks more willing to do the clean up needed to get some quality jars. I am glad that the family of this lady and folks who were aware of the situation made the jars available instead of just putting them in the garbage. I had no idea we would have a canning supply shortage when I brought them home.