Round Ross Comb Honey

Post your questions about honey, candlemaking, mead, or pollen here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

ttthay
Newbee

Round Ross Comb Honey

Post by ttthay »

Has anyone ever sold any ROund Ross Honeycomb in the round containers? If so, what is the going rate for each round container now days? THanks
Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: Round Ross Comb Honey

Post by Jacobs »

I have not sold Ross Rounds, and I don't know anyone who has. I did just get back from the NCSBA summer meeting in Lumberton with a free March 2012 "Bee Culture" Magazine. I don't know the methodology of information collecting, but they reported the March price people in our region were getting was $6.15, the lowest. The highest regional price was $8.75. The average of all regions was $7.69. I don't get the magazine so I don't know if they publish this monthly or how accurate the averages are. They did have $7.14 as the reported price for a pint of honey in our region, and I think this may be a little low for most beekeepers this season.
braswell
Nursebee

Re: Round Ross Comb Honey

Post by braswell »

I have one ross round super and I have been asking around myself on the going price. I have heard $12 but that seems a little expensive. I do know that it cost us $2.50 per container. I have sold mine for $6 and feel like it is a deal. The containers are so expensive I might start cutting the rounds in half and dropping them in a jar. RB
Allergic