Hive Carrier

A Place to Describe or Review Beekeeping Equipment or Products You Have Made or Purchased

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

royl
Forager

Hive Carrier

Post by royl »

I'm looking to buy this hive carrying tool from Mann-Lake. It can carry up to 150 lbs. I have several hives to move, the tallest being 5 supers tall/8frame medium. If you have any other recommendations on how to move a hive, please share!

https://www.mannlakeltd.com/hive-carrier
Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: Hive Carrier

Post by Jacobs »

The questions I have for you are 1-How far to you plan to move the hives? and 2-How soon do you have to get it done. I am moving some within my yard and will be doing the 3 feet at a time step-by-step move. If my hives are too heavy and I have time, I can wait until warm enough days are here and move the hive by breaking it into manageable parts and reassembling it with each move. I can break them apart and reassemble the parts in around a minute at those short distances.
1alley
Newbee

Post by 1alley »

I have that hive carrier from Mann Lake and it works great!!
royl
Forager

Post by royl »

I moved the hives about 100 yards. I considered the 3 ft method, but needed a faster way since I have a bunch of trees being removed around the hives.

I ended up purchasing the unit from Mann Lake (via Amazon since it was cheaper). It was worth the purchase since those hives had at least 80-100lbs of honey. It does require you to strap the entire hive since the device lifts from the handholds. It fits both 8 and 10 frame Langstroth hives.