NCSBA Golden Achievement Program - Award Year 2015-2016

Postings related to current events or news about honey bees and beekeeping

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

donwal
Guard bee

NCSBA Golden Achievement Program - Award Year 2015-2016

Post by donwal »

Hello Everyone,

I have volunteered to create a 2015 scrapbook for GCBA. It will be submitted to the NCSBA Golden Achievement Program, for consideration of the 2015-2016 ‘Golden Achievement Chapter of the Year’ Award. This award is to recognize NCSBA Chapters that have made significant accomplishments in support of North Carolina beekeeping throughout the year.

Once a Chapter has achieved the ‘Golden Achievement Chapter of the Year’ it is recognized for 3 years before a chapter can apply again. There are certain, determined items that a chapter must do to be successful. So, Chapters may be designated as ‘Golden Achievement Chapters’ by achieving threshold levels of points in each category and continue to apply for the Chapter of the Year each year.

Items to be included in the scrapbook MUST be from beekeeping activities for 2015. Below is a link to the program rules and guide lines. Any programs, presentations, meetings attended and photos taken of your beekeeping activities for 2015 can be sent to donwal@northstate.net . If anyone needs a helping hand with their planned activities post a note here so arrangements can be made.

GAP - Guidelines

Club members,
To report honey bee related activities and community service, print and complete the GAP - Individual Form.
Turn in your sheets, along with supporting documentation, to me at the regular monthly meetings.

Donna Wallace
Last edited by donwal on Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
donwal
Guard bee

Re: NCSBA Golden Achievement Program - Award Year 2015-2016

Post by donwal »

Hello Everyone,

This year is coming to an end. I hope everyone had a great year. It's time to gather together the information needed to complete our scrap book for submission to the Golden Achievement Award Program. The entries are to be turned in to the GAP Committee at the NCSBA Spring Meeting. The spring meeting will be February 25-27, 2016 in New Bern, NC.

Please review the attached GAP-Individual 2015 Form. Record any activities for 2015 you participated in. A form must be completed for each activity and supporting documents must be attached (news paper clippings, pictures, etc.). If possible, photos submitted should be 3 1/2 x 5 inch in size. I will be collecting the forms at our regular monthly meetings scheduled on January 12 and February 09, 2016.

GAP - Individual 2015 Form

fillable GAP - Individual 2015 Form

If you have any questions, you may send them via e-mail to donwal@northstate.net.

Thanks,

Donna
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

CONGRATULATIONS

Donna, you worked hard for this and well deserve the credit for it.

Thank You
MarkCase
Nursebee

Post by MarkCase »

So, that's what all the BUZZ was about! Congratulations!
Wally wrote:CONGRATULATIONS

Donna, you worked hard for this and well deserve the credit for it.

Thank You
donwal
Guard bee

Post by donwal »

Thank you! It was an honor to work on our book this year. I hope everyone can make it to the meeting on Tuesday, July 12th. Our GAP Book will be there for everyone to look at. Also, we will present the banner to the club.

I want to thank the members of the club who contributed to our book by completing the GAP Individual Award Activities form. Without them I could not have completed the book.

Although we cannot enter again for another 3 years, my plan is to complete a book for 2016 and each year going forward, that will be presented to our club each December at our monthly meeting. It will be a great tool to let everyone know what our members are doing to promote the honey bee in Guilford County. It will also help us to grow as a club in support of our members.

Anyone interested in completing an Individual form for 2016, please let me know.

Donna Wallace