Freshly extracted raw honey needed

Maybe you are looking for something specific or maybe you just have some beekeeping supplies you no longer need. Post it here and see what happens.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

TriadMommy

Freshly extracted raw honey needed

Post by TriadMommy »

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am a mommy of two toddler girls and am pregnant too. All of us are suffering terribly and I would love to find some local honey that is freshly extracted to maybe help us all a bit. My dad is a bee keeper in Alabama, but that doesn't helo with allergies in Greensboro :). In one of the columns in front of our house we have a hive of honeybees, but we can't get to the honey, obviously. I do all I can to protect our peaceful bees. Please does anyone have some honey they would not mind selling to me?

Thank you all in advance
Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: Freshly extracted raw honey needed

Post by Jacobs »

I think most of us are a month to a month and a half away from the earliest of this year's extracting unless taking off honey that overwintered with the bees. I have a couple of pints of 2014 honey, but the rest of the 2014 I have is spoken for.
TriadMommy

Post by TriadMommy »

Thank you for your reply. I am clueless! No wonder the farmers market didn't have any. Will the 2014 work too? Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I can't wait until I have time one day to keep bees. Until then my kids and I will protect our swarm (no Mosquito Squad in our yard like my husband wants to do) and plant lots of flowers :)
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

If honey works for allergies, that from prior years taken off hives during the same season would have the best chance of being effective--the theory being that the unfiltered honey has small amounts of pollen from the plants that may be causing the reactions. I haven't seen any studies substantiating this, and anyone with severe allergies should see an allergist.

Honey and products containing honey should not be given to children under 1 year of age because their digestive systems have not matured.

That being said, if you want to give it a try, why not?
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

The age of honey doesn't effect the efficiency of it. If it was collected from the plants you are allergic to, it is said to help. If collected from other plants, it may not help at all. It's the regular doses of small amounts of pollen from the honey that causes your body to build resistance.
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

hey folks....

I was contacted by a woman that just moved here from Las Vegas. Looking for local honey of course. I have honey and plenty of it but she works on the days I am at the market.
Can anyone help her? Does anyone have some put away that can sell her some?
Please PM me and I will give you her number.

thanks
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Beez Needz 336-431-2339 Has some.
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

Thanks I will give him a try