Borrowing Bee Suits

Maybe you are looking for something specific or maybe you just have some beekeeping supplies you no longer need. Post it here and see what happens.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

c's bees
Newbee

Borrowing Bee Suits

Post by c's bees »

My small group from church is coming out to my house this Thursday @ 11am to have a picnic and see the bees. I have two suits and may have three if one person brings one, but was wondering if anyone was willing to loan a couple of bee suits to me for that day. A couple of adult suits and a child's suit would be great. I do not want to risk anyone getting stung, so will not let them near without a suit and gloves on. Thanks. :D
ski
Guard bee

Re: Borrowing Bee Suits

Post by ski »

Where are you located?
I have a suit and a couple of veils that I use for visitors but it may not be pratical to pick them up depending on where you are located.
Just some thoughts.
c's bees
Newbee

Post by c's bees »

I am in Randleman, NC
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

I have some new tyvek suits you can use if you can find some veils.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

Randleman is about 30 miles away but you are welcome to borrow what I have if you want to make the trip.
Just some thoughts.
c's bees
Newbee

Post by c's bees »

Thanks for the offers. I borrowed suits and veils from John at Triad Bee Supply. Everyone that saw the bees were amazed and thrilled. Even a little four yr old boy. He just kept saying how awesome and cool it was. We even got to see the queen! We think one of my hives (only have 2) may have gotten into some insecticide somewhere and are dying fast, but I am hoping the other colony will make it. Met a fellow beekeeper at the Farmer's Market last week. She and I are coming to the meeting this month.