Club purchasing bees this year

Going someplace to purchase beekeeping related supplies? Save on shipping by splitting costs.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

M Gall
Nursebee

Club purchasing bees this year

Post by M Gall »

Hello,
Is too late to sign up for purchasing bees this year through the club?

:oops:
Mike
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

We will start sign up/order taking at our January meeting. We reserved 101 3 pound packages of Italians with marked queens for us to pick up on March 25, 2011. As with anything agricultural, the apiary may have delays which would set us back. We are not getting Russians or nucs of any kind.

It looks like the price to club members will be $73.00. Two packages will go to re populate the hives at the Ag Center, so as of now there are 99. I'll also be offering them to new members who are taking the beginners course. If we "sell out," I doubt we will be trying to get any more.
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

I am asking the officers and board of GCBA for input since I just received notice of a significant delay in pickup dates from this apiary. When I have more information about the course we will take, I will post it here.
red rambler
Nursebee

Post by red rambler »

I want 3 if they are still available. I am beeless!!

David Millsaps
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

Bees are still available. As of now we have a May 2nd pick up date. I'll put you down for 3 packages.
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

Larry Tate of Tate's Apiaries in Winston-Salem offered us his earlier pick up date for packages. We called the package provider who agreed to let us have the earlier date and THEN they called back to let us know that they had made a mistake in our notice and that OUR PICKUP DATE FOR PACKAGES IS APRIL 2, 2011.

Thanks to Larry for offering the date to us, but we will be going with our original/corrected package pickup date of APRIL 2, 2011.
M Gall
Nursebee

Post by M Gall »

Sign me Up for 2 packages :D
Mike and Patty Galligani
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

I've put you down for 2. You can mail your check for dues & 73.00 per package (payable to GCBA) to Ruth Edwards. For the next week you can get her mailing address from the beginner registration form on our home page. After that, when the form and class notices are removed, I can give you the address by e mail.

Package purchase/pick up is for GCBA members, so this is a general reminder to everyone that if you are wanting packages through GCBA, you need to be sure that your membership is current.
Newbee Jim
Nursebee

Post by Newbee Jim »

Rob,

I would like 2 packages if they are still available.
Jim
-I don't know what I don't know!
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

Jim, I've got you down for 2. See the M GALL posting above re: dues and package payment information.
tat2guru
Newbee

bees

Post by tat2guru »

can you put me down for 2 packages?
thanks
terry gauldin
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

Terry, I've got you down for 2. Later today, I'm going to e mail the members about our February meeting and additional reminders and I will include the mailing address in that e mail.