HFCS availability (source closest to Greensboro)

Going someplace to purchase beekeeping related supplies? Save on shipping by splitting costs.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Kurt Bower
Guard bee

HFCS availability (source closest to Greensboro)

Post by Kurt Bower »

OK...
Here is the skinny on the source closest to Greensboro. Obviously this depends on where you are in Greensboro. A map search says that it is about 71 miles from the center of Greensboro.

Here are the steps to make it happen

1. Call Tate and Lyle at 1-800-345-0189
Your contact there will be Libby Clawson (ask for her)
2. Let her know that you are a beekeeper interested in purchasing HFCS and when you want to come pick it up. (24 hour notice is recommended)
3. You will need to fax or bring with you the following...
a. Name of company (ex. Bower's honey farm) make one up if necessary
b. Address
c. Phone number
4. Prior to picking up corn syrup, you may call Carol Workman for Pricing and availability at 1-800-952-5016.
5. Established a time and date for pick up. (55 gallon barrels with open tops are required) They dispense out of a 4" diameter hose.
6. the pick up location:
Butner Station
2594 West Lyon Station Rd
Creedmoor, NC 27522
1-919-575-4551

My understanding is that you may pay with a personal check at the time of pick up. Cash is probably OK as well. Verify if you have any concerns.
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

I am bringing this one back to the front because I am unaware of the current standings of this information.
Last timeI called there was some quaestion whether or not beekeepers could still access corn syrup from this location. Naturally they never bothered to call back.
I moved on to another source because of their lack of interest.
If anyone has an update, please post.
Kurt