Queen availability

Maybe you are looking for something specific or maybe you just have some beekeeping supplies you no longer need. Post it here and see what happens.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Queen availability

Post by Kurt Bower »

Hi everyone!
In case anyone was interested, I have had some sucess in finding queens when needed this Spring.
I had to call no less than a dozen or so queen producers bfore actually finding one that wasnt sold out through June. Even at the price of $15 I am not sure how they make any money. (H&R queens are only $12)
Anyway, if interested you can contact H&R apiaries out of Georgia. They are quite pleasant to do business with and so far they have shipped next day for me twice. Shipping is a lot cheaper than from California too.
I have had 100% acceptance up to this point and am well satisfied. Of course it will take a little while to truly know the quality and I will keep you posted.
Oh yeah, in case you wondered they are Italian.

H&R Apiaries
912-427-7311
Jessup, GA :D
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

Thought I would mention another source a little closer to home.
Harold Curtis of Graham also sells some pretty nice queens.
After speaking with his wife it sounds like he will have queens now through the end of July. If you want a couple, all you have to do is ride over and pick them up at a cost of $12/ queen. If you want more you would need to call ahead so that they could get them together.
I have had pretty good luck with them so far and think it is great to have some one so close by to purchase from.

Kurt