Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
I got a call from Stadiem on Friday around noon. One of the splits I had helped him make decided to split itself again. They were about 7-8 feet up in a tangle of branches in a holly bush/tree. We used the small generator and bee vacuum to get them back. We did not want to lose any of the genetics of what looks to be a really good bee. These bees were from "the hardest cutout" Wally has ever been involved in--Stadiem, SmithN, and I took them out of the floor of a barn shed in Oak Ridge while Wally restrained himself from the temptation to jump in and just gave technical advice. We removed the original colony of bees on 4/11/14.